COPY RIGHTS : TO AVOID COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS, ALL POSTS ARE SHOWN ALONG WITH SOURCES FROM WHERE ITS TAKEN. PLEASE CONTACT ME IN MY EMAIL SALEEMASRAF@GMAIL.COM , IF YOU ARE THE AUTHOR AND YOUR NAME IS NOT DISPLAYED IN THE ARTICLE.THE UNINTENTIONAL LAPSE ON MY PART WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CORRECTED.

I HAVE SHARED ALL MY PRACTICAL WATER TREATMENT EXPERIENCES WITH SOLVED EXAMPLE HERE SO THAT ANYBODY CAN USE IT.

SEARCH THIS BLOG BELOW FOR ENVO ,COMPACT STP,ETP,STP,FMR,MBBR,SAFF,IRON,ARSENIC,FLUORIDE,FILTER,RO,UASB,BIO GAS,AERATION TANK,SETTLING TANK,DOSING,AMC.

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Saturday, January 30, 2016

life time achievement ERDF Excellence award 2015 Dr Syed Iftikar Ahmed, AIDS PREVENTION SOCIETY, GUWAHATI, ASSAM, INDIA

Proud Moment. Our Dear Munu Ka Syed Ahmed getting life time achievement ERDF Excellence award 2015 for his work on AIDS in NE States.His NGO AIDS PREVENTION SOCIETY,GUWAHATI.

A Message From Dr.Syed Iftikhar Ahmed
My dear friends,                                
I  really feel  honoured to have recieved the ERDF Excellence Award 2015 from the Honb'le. Chief Minister of Assam and his kind words of praise  recognizing   our  work .                                        
 It  has been a  long journey.                             
 I feel overwhelmed with your warmth and wishes which makes me feel that the last 30 years of my struggle was worth fighting though when I look back I miss all those colleagues, friends and hundreds of young lives that we have lost on the way particularly in Manipur, Nagaland and Mizoram. . It was a frustrating fight. But I did not lose focus. My Heroin  drug user population with HIV and Hep  B and  Hep C co infection  were dying fast even before we could initiate ARV . When I was invited by the President of the UN to the UN General Assembly in New York  in 2008 and again in 2010 ,  I raised the issue of this co inf in North East India.  Advocacy paid off . Today we have range of free ARTs in  India and Hep treatment with Heroin substitution with Buuprenorphine in north east India unthinkable  ïn  the past.  My clients are living healthy and productive  for more than 20 years . HIV is now  a chronic manageable disease . I had to explain this in the Legal Colloq. for two days through my presentations   convened by Justice Ranjan Gogoi which was inaugurated by the Chief Justice of India and in presence of  a large number of legal luminaries of the country . 
Currently our organisation is involved  in AIDS Vaccine development programme  in collaboration with International AIDS Vaccine Initiative - IAVI.                       
 Thanks again to all of you.            

Dr Syed  Iftikar Ahmed
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009254235648

I started my NGO work in Guwahati after my return from UK with the establishment of AIHC ( Assam Imdadiya Hospital Committee) in 1983 and the AAIS Clinic in Ambari in 1984. Late Shri Hiteswar Saikia , the then Chief Minister of Assam helped us and encouraged us in establishing the AAIS Clinic and seen in the pic examining him in the Clinic on the opening day . Today on his Death Anniversary we pay our homage to him . As founder Chairman of the Clinic along with our team of medical doctors comprising Dr Medhi and Dr M I Khan could provide free medical services to a large number of people since then including Lab Tests, Immunisation , regular health camps and Eye Check up Camps with Cataract surgeries throughout the state of Assam .
More about the NGO on www.apsindia.org

1 comment:

Unknown said...

he makes us proud, i admire him a lot, long live dr. iftikar sahab. he is proud of assam as well as proud of india too. alhamdulillah i know him...! thanx